Featured Reef Criteria

jm23

I just wanted to throw out some ideas on a possible criteria list for the "Featured Reef":

-Premium Member (I think they should be an active supporting member of this site)
-Actively involved in this community. (I think earning this honor should be held for those who contribute to this community and spend the time helping others as they try to achieve a beautiful reef tank)
-Some full grown colonies / ie tank is well established (Having a tank that has endured for a few years is a good sign of success and something other reefers can model after. When I read other TOTM threads, I like to read about their husbandry, dosing, QT protocols, etc and having had your reef thriving for a few years would speak to being successful in those areas.)
-They don't have to have the best photos (Whoever the future winner is, if they don't have the equipment to take some great photos, then someone in this community who does should head over there for a quick photo shoot)

These are just some ideas on what I would like to see the "Featured Reef" become/maintain. Please add your own thoughts and then maybe Mike can put together an official guideline.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Or Tinley, naperville, gurnee or any other burb! :pop2:

But kidding aside, if the criteria in the first post are meet does the tank even need to be from the USA?