First Saltwater Tank

york3rdbase

Premium member
Your AI Primes, how are you liking them? How high above the tank do you have them to cover the 36” tank?
Love them, best thing I have ever done for my tank. Colors are great, controls are easy and the corals have really thrived under them. I use the 18” flex arms for them ( i think they were 18”), so they sit about 10-12” above the water level. They could probably go a little lower for coverage but I was worried about the shorter flex arms not being able to center them over the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

york3rdbase

Premium member
I’m thinking of trying AI’s tank mount” style, thoughts?
Should be fine, although some of the reviews on amazon say they have issues with all of the adjustments and the screws not holding. What’s size tank are you putting them over? I like the flex arms personally.

Some people say that the mount to the tank fails after a while. It is just a plastic screw, so I could see that, although I haven’t had any issues yet and I have had them for 8 months.

Mjl714

Should be fine, although some of the reviews on amazon say they have issues with all of the adjustments and the screws not holding. What’s size tank are you putting them over? I like the flex arms personally.

Some people say that the mount to the tank fails after a while. It is just a plastic screw, so I could see that, although I haven’t had any issues yet and I have had them for 8 months.

Tank will IM Fuson 30L, 36” x 15”.

york3rdbase

Premium member

Tank is looking good on this snow day, but contemplating selling off all of the livestock. I have to move out of my apartment this spring which is sooner than expected, and really don’t want to move everything to a temporary place before buying a place later this year or next year and moving again. Would be cool to start again and come up with another design, but it’s tough to think about parting with 2.5 years of work.

Cubano32

Premium member

Tank is looking good on this snow day, but contemplating selling off all of the livestock. I have to move out of my apartment this spring which is sooner than expected, and really don’t want to move everything to a temporary place before buying a place later this year or next year and moving again. Would be cool to start again and come up with another design, but it’s tough to think about parting with 2.5 years of work.

Well you start taking it down and decide you want to sell some equipment let me know I'll take that gyre off your hands

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk