Fish Bowl Promotion!

Best Fish

Greater Milwaukee Fish Bowl
November 14th-16th - New Berlin Ale House (16000 West Cleveland Ave, Milwaukee)

Mark your calendars for this great upcoming event sponsored by MAS (Milwaukee Aquarium Society). http://milwaukeeaquariumsociety.com/wp/?page_id=705 (Another link below) We here at "Best Fish" are happy to be part of this as well! To try and not make it too confusing, I am splitting this into 3 posts, this one that talks about the overall event, a second post promoting the frag/fish swap, and finally one promoting Matt Pedersen, a very well respected aquarist, saltwater fish breeder and the author of countless articles in various reef magazines. We are proud to be sponsoring his upcoming presentation which will be a 3 part talk on clown fish.

Here is a quick synopsis of what that weekend will be about:

It starts on Friday afternoon (4 pm) with the setup for the adult tank decorating contest followed by pizza and a bowling party (when leagues end and lanes available sometime after 7:30pm) plus prizes.

Saturday there is a swap from 10 - 2, a kids decorating contest (sponsored by Hoffer's Tropic Life), speakers following the swap going thru the evening, (2:30 on) and a rare fish auction (freshwater) at the end.

Sunday is a general fish auction where people bring in their fish and they are auctioned off. It starts at 12 pm and goes until all bags are sold. In the past, there were both fresh and saltwater items for auction.

There will also be raffles, silent auctions, and many other things going on through out the weekend as well!

You are welcome to attend as little or as much as you like. MAS is charging $20.00, if paid in advance, for the whole weekend, That includes 2 beverages and pizza on Friday night followed by bowling if you like. That night is for people setting up as well as anyone that wants to just hang out, meet some people ahead of time and have some pizza/beer and bowl (all included in fee). That same one-time fee will also include Saturday's events as well as all the speakers. (Matt Pedersen, Mark Soberman and Stephen Tanner, Ph.D.) Further it includes a "goody bag" that I understand will have products with a retail value over $45. Alternatively, you can attend just the swap for a $2.00 fee. We will again be offering some exceptionally low prices on saltwater fish that day as well as corals and frags. Tyler Bell will share our table and have his frags as well. The first portion of Matt Pedersen's presentation is immediately following the swap, about 2:30pm. I do not have the times for the 2nd and 3rd portions of his presentation as of yet. The other 2 speakers are freshwater related, one on Cory Cats by Soberman and I believe Stephen Tanner is talking about filtration and/or Plecos.

So $20 (if paid in advance, otherwise $25 at door), you get pizza, beer, bowling, guest speakers, $45 goodie bag, swap on Saturday plus 2 auctions, Saturday night and Sunday. Or.........just the swap $2.00. If you want to attend the speaker presentations on Saturday after the swap, you must pay the $20/$25 fee regardless if you show up on Friday for that evening's events. You still will receive the goodie bag with your payment. All entrance fees go to MAS which they use to cover their costs and continue to provide quality family activities. Please contact them if you have any interest in the decorating contests, fun for adults plus great for your kids on Saturday! Very laid back, everyone will be made to feel welcome. Sunday auction is open to any live fish, plant, or invertebrate, contact MAS if you need more details on that. They have also blocked off some rooms at an area hotel for those who want to spend the weekend.

I encourage you to visit the MAS page http://milwaukeeaquariumsociety.com/forum/index.php?forums/fish-bowl.43/ regarding this event for the latest information, and I will keep you updated in my other two posts about the swap and Matt Pedersen's presentation.