Flat worms

ColaAddict

I know some people try to siphon to keep numbers down, but doesn't really eradicate the problem completely. Flatworm Exit has worked for some people if you want to try the chemical treatment route.

MMreef

I did got rid of mine with siphoning them out and water changes to reduce nutrients in my previous tank.Took about a month of doing this but they never come back..If you use Flatworm Exit make sure that you have a lot of premixed SW on hand,because you will have to do massive WC after treatment.When Flatworms die they release a toxin that is very dangerous to your tank ,so you have to do WC and run carbon to get rid off all toxins.If you only have few flatworms I would not be worry,but with big numbers you need to do all this.Hope it helps.

Tangency

I have tried FlatwormExit (before I had any fish or corals)... it worked well but didn't get them all. IME you will need to dose multiple times with larger doses each time for a decent chance of getting them all. If I had to do it over again I doubt I would mess with it.

I have a sixline... it eats a few.

Between siphoning with water changes, additional flow, lowing nutrients, a sixline, and sucking out a few I can reach with a turkey baster during the week it seems to keep the population to an unnoticeable level.

bigt22005

a yellow damsel will take care of those guys without the treatment and possibly killing all your corals with fwe....be careful buy u a sixline and a yellow damsel...they will dissappear..

Smitty

Premium member
I've eradicated them with a turkey baster and flatworm exit. It took one day to get rid of them.