fluval edge saltwater tank

Revhard

Hi guys, new to the forum just wanted to introduce my 6 gallon fluval edge edge to you guys.
Here are a few pics. I upgraded the lighting to 2 MR16's and a few ebay blue LED for moonlight I also added two desk lamps with 300lumen cree LED's. for lighting to the sides. as for livestock, heres my list.
1 clown
1 goby watchman
1 pistol shrimp
about a dozen hermit crabs/snails
1 neon green candy cane coral
xenia
open brain
Kenya tree
flower pot
frogspawn
hammer coral
1 mushroom
galaxy coral
star polpys
green zoas
*blood shrimp is coming this week

I'm pretty new to the hobby so please excuse me if I labeled the coral incorrectly.

As for filtration I'm currently using the stock sponge, stock, pellets, stock carbon and a piece of pura pad fitted to chamber,live rock and live sand. I do weekly 1 gallon water changes. All water perimeters seem to be within normal limits. Thanks for looking any comments would be appreciated.

Revhard

Thanks,reefing is crazy addictive. I just picked up a used 24G biocube I plan on starting to cycle it this week. I pick up most of my livestock from Ryan from bluethumbchicago.com

ColaAddict

Did you mod the light? I didn't think that the fluval has enough lighting for a reef? nice lookin tank though.

Revhard

Did you mod the light? I didn't think that the fluval has enough lighting for a reef? nice lookin tank though.
Yes ,I swapped The stock halogen light bulbs for two mr16 Cree led bulbs and added two desk lamps with Cree LEDs To light up the ends of the tank. I also bought blue LEDs from eBay any wired them up to a old 12v converter I found around the house. This allows the coral to really glow at night.

Revhard

very cool,do you have any problem with temp.swings?
I used to have big temp swings when I was using halogen bulbs in the desk lamps but now that I'm using the LEDs I don't have any issues. I plan on installing 2 pc fans in the hood for the hot summer days. For heat I'm using a tetra 50 w heater with no prob.