for those of you that have never visited Aquatica :-)

mr_z

sps display tank lights are out on half the tank because the guy was showing us a demonstration with the new leds.

frag display tank

smal fish and inverts tanks

medium to large fish tanks.

mr_z

medium fish, fish tanks

frozen goods water testing station and some really nice dead dry corals

freshwater fish tanks

tank room

mr_z

tank room

tank room

new aqua illumination leds for sps tank. has nice controller along with it guy showed us a simulation that showed as if there was lightning pretty **** awesome. 500 bucks each, i think 70 for controller and 80 for hanging mount. well worth the price if you tell me

one of the employes says he has 8 of them above his main frag tank which is i think 210gl

WeePee

if you have eight lights at $500 each above a frag tank, you are charging waaaaaay too much when you sell your frags. no non-commercial grower needs a 210 gallon frag tank IMO.

also, $500 is a very steep price to pay for 24 LEDs, not that i think the ilumination setups are bad, they are just not very cost efficient.

fancy store by the way. though i doubt their livestock prices will ever compete with my LFS, and i get my dry goods online with no tax. but wouldn't mind dropping in there if i am ever in the area.

mr_z

if you have eight lights at $500 each above a frag tank, you are charging waaaaaay too much when you sell your frags. no non-commercial grower needs a 210 gallon frag tank IMO.

also, $500 is a very steep price to pay for 24 LEDs, not that i think the ilumination setups are bad, they are just not very cost efficient.

fancy store by the way. though i doubt their livestock prices will ever compete with my LFS, and i get my dry goods online with no tax. but wouldn't mind dropping in there if i am ever in the area.
He does have the money to spend on them so why not. And he does have some rare, exotic and very expensive corals in there. And Mario will price match if u have proof of the price. On livestock and dry goods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColaAddict

I actually can't imagine how much those other coral stores pay for electricity with all the 250 and 400 metal hallides that they run. Aquatica actually saves alot of money using LED's. Some of the other fish stores power bills probably easily run over $1000/month with all the metal hallides that they run.

mr_z

I actually can't imagine how much those other coral stores pay for electricity with all the 250 and 400 metal hallides that they run. Aquatica actually saves alot of money using LED's. Some of the other fish stores power bills probably easily run over $1000/month with all the metal hallides that they run.
theyre barely starting to convert. this is actually the first fixtrue. they decided to try it on their tank with the sps which needs the most lighting and they said that so far everything is going excellent they got 30 of these fixtures and sold out within a week so i think they said they got 30 more coming. and then theyre going to do all their coral tanks with leds so they will be saving some money on their electric bill. and even more if they swap out their fish tanks t5s for some leds also.

ColorMeCorals

I think your price of 500 each is off. I think they go for a little more. They are also on back order most of the time. I have 4 of them on one of my 210 frag tanks. You can do wonders with them. Anyone that bad mouths these bad boys does not have any idea what they can do( Best Controlable Factory Led out there) or is just mad cause they can't afford them. I know all too well about electric bills being I have them from my 400 watt Mhs and 250 Mhs. Mario is a great guy to deal with. If you want the best he most likely has it in stock or can get it for you.I can always count on Aquatica when I need something.

ColorMeCorals

I have no idea why you would make a statement about prices when you have never been there? The prices are equal or less then most pet stores I have been in . The selection and quality is unmatched with any store I have ever been in including quite a few states. He must be doing something right being his store is always packed. If you buy online your going to have to pay for shipping unless you buy a large lot and you don't get to see your item in person and have a relationship with your seller. I also though they passed a law where your going to have to claim and pay taxes for online purchases.

mr_z

Good words of choice lol but I do remember he said 500 each plus another 80 for controller or so. But yes they work wonders by the looks of it. He said that each led pops out so if one goes bad just pop out no soldering. And yeah after your a regular Mario does know you by name and his store is always packed. Especially right at closing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastrc

My power bill @ home is $600.00 a month!

FlyinBryan

Cannot wait to see this store this weekend. I bought a rr150 from another location and may be regretting my purchase if price on these is good. I'm ultimately looking at getting into a rr210 or any really cool looking large tank.

How are there protein skimmers and sump pumps?

mr_z

they have a few to choose from. what day and what time r u going i have to go get some stuff also.

Reclipse

This place is Amazing!! Shark tank FTW!!
Prices are high(ish) but its because your getting amazing and hard to find items so its definitely worth it!! if you want to drop some coin on some gorgeous eyecandy Go here!
LOL Go here anyway its worth the trip

Catran

I'm betting he got them for $500. I'm sure he can get a better price somewhere if he buys a boatload of them! That's a nice store, I have to check it out.