forum ettiquette

Herbie

Banned
would it be weird to post the same question both here and on 1reef? I am really liking the idea of a local and international forum to browse, but I find myself torn as to where to post a question. I'm sort of using this as home base, but I want to contribute to/grow 1reef as much as possible as well. Just curious if anyone else is having a similar thought or if there is like an unwritten rule about that (I'm still trying to determine exactly what a "troll" is)

OpTiCz

Not weird, unless it's a region specific question. :)

If you posted the same question in different sections on the same forum, that might be frowned upon.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Herbie

Banned
I think I need to look into this tapatalk you speak of. I'm actually on a few more too, but these both just feel more within my style.

m.miller1547

I have three homes... I think its fine as long as people understand that you shouldn't bash or list for sale adds at different prices. I always charge more on Craigslist simply because I'm prolly gonna get low-balled or haggled. I'm not a fan of either, but I will entertain offers. Why not get as many opinions as possible?

EyeReef

would it be weird to post the same question both here and on 1reef? I am really liking the idea of a local and international forum to browse, but I find myself torn as to where to post a question. I'm sort of using this as home base, but I want to contribute to/grow 1reef as much as possible as well. Just curious if anyone else is having a similar thought or if there is like an unwritten rule about that (I'm still trying to determine exactly what a "troll" is)
I would urge you to post on both forums. That way you will get more input! hth :)

Herbie

Banned
what about having my a link in my signature on 1reef to my member tank thread here. Is that a interweb no no?

marius

uhhm i used to have 2 homes... but i got evicted out of one.... ^ friends don't let friends get evicted^ ..... you know who you are!!! hahahaha

now i only have one home, i like it a lot, i still sneak in here and there at my old home, shhhhh don't tell the mods, i have good intentions. but its also my daily adrenaline rush, i try not to get caught doing it. hahaa!

Herbie

Banned
what about having a link in my signature on 1reef to my member tank thread here. Is that a interweb no no?
I don't want to get evicted from anywhere:blink:, but I am too lazy to maintain two build threads. Any thoughts on this? Perhaps I am too concerned, but I just don't want to ruffle any feathers.

slumpysix

I don't want to get evicted from anywhere:blink:, but I am too lazy to maintain two build threads. Any thoughts on this? Perhaps I am too concerned, but I just don't want to ruffle any feathers.
It's a good bet there will be the same boys at both places, and ladies as well. You could keep the live one here and copy and paste there. We only care about pictures anyways because if there ain't no pictures..... it didn't happen...

FishBeard

Seeing as how Mike owns both sites, I don't think he is going to banninate you from one site for hotlinking to one of his other sites...