Frustrated as ALL get out - help / advice

jfmkem82

Hi all. I've been on the search for some fish - blennys and/or gobies - for my new tank. I've tried to work with the LFS's and either asked them in person or via their FB page and gotten in essence no response. The ones that said that they could get me the fish haven't been able to or they said they'd be in touch and I've never heard from them...none seem to be too interested in selling. I don't want to rat anybody out so I'd rather not name the LFS's I've tried to work with but they're not "fly-by-night" operations.

I'm not looking for anything exotic...Green Clown Goby, Midas Blenny, Tiger Watchman Goby, Wheeler Shrimp Goby, Yellow Tailed Black Blenny...really want the Clown Goby and any one of the others.

I want to introduce to the tank at the same time to minimize territorial issues.

Thoughts, suggestions?

madjoe

Premium member
Some lfs around here order fish from a list as matrix says that list changes with the seasons I waited a yr for a physcadelic head wrasse pair then the female killed the male in a week lol . But there are also lfs that dont order from a list i think different license im not sure . But they get there fish from a local wholesale warehouse so they have limited pickins. Ive also found alot of them don’t follow through on finding people fish they just want to sell what they do have . Its frustrating for sure almost better to just order from divers den get a few and hit free shipping

jfmkem82

Some lfs around here order fish from a list as matrix says that list changes with the seasons I waited a yr for a physcadelic head wrasse pair then the female killed the male in a week lol . But there are also lfs that dont order from a list i think different license im not sure . But they get there fish from a local wholesale warehouse so they have limited pickins. Ive also found alot of them don’t follow through on finding people fish they just want to sell what they do have . Its frustrating for sure almost better to just order from divers den get a few and hit free shipping
Thank you for the suggestion. I have looked at Divers Den on Live Aquaria....just don't know that I want $100 worth of fish...and they don't have a Clown Goby...for some reason that fish has caught my attention....LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Live Aquaria has free shipping after $99
I made need to go that route. Thanks

madjoe

Premium member
They have a green clown goby . Some people did group buys make a post seenif anyone wants to get in the order that way u dont have to spend a hundo and every one gets free shipping they just have to pick up from your place . Seen it done bunch times hetr

930reef

Hi all. I've been on the search for some fish - blennys and/or gobies - for my new tank. I've tried to work with the LFS's and either asked them in person or via their FB page and gotten in essence no response. The ones that said that they could get me the fish haven't been able to or they said they'd be in touch and I've never heard from them...none seem to be too interested in selling. I don't want to rat anybody out so I'd rather not name the LFS's I've tried to work with but they're not "fly-by-night" operations.

I'm not looking for anything exotic...Green Clown Goby, Midas Blenny, Tiger Watchman Goby, Wheeler Shrimp Goby, Yellow Tailed Black Blenny...really want the Clown Goby and any one of the others.

I want to introduce to the tank at the same time to minimize territorial issues.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Old-ish post, I know, but I've had success with openness to ordering from Old Orchard Aquarium in Skokie, and Seven Seas in Mt. Prospect - this one especially has great prices. Talk to Fabio, the owner, about ordering, because I think he does the pickups. I know you're in Elburn, so that's a drive. Have you tried the reef store on Silver Glen Road x Randall near South Elgin/St. Charles border? Sea Escapes. It's in a strip mall facing Silver Glen. Haven't purchased there yet but they seemed open to ordering a purple LTA for me. I used to live in St. Charles. Maybe give them a call?

Last edited: