Hanna Checker

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Hello

I just recently purchased a Hanna Checker and not so used to how it works yet. While waiting for the three minute timer to finish I started moving frags in my tank. By the time I finished the timer stopped and the unit shut off. Is there any way t review what the previous reading was or did I just waste a test?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Which checker? Probably wasted a test. I think you only have about two minutes per step. This is particularly hard with the PO4 test because it takes a while to dissolve the reagent and to get the bubbles out.

goatous

I set a kitchen timer to go off right before the Hanna countdown to give a loud reminder to press the button.
Another way to do it is to use both vials and to first zero the hanna with tank water w/out reagent, and then immediately check the next vial with tank water + reagent that has settled the appropriate amount of time.

fit

This is what I got from Hanna Tech support.

The 3 minute timer is needed for the reaction to occur.* This of course is done after you have added the reagent packet to the cuvette and mixed gently for 2 minutes.

You will see a different result if you re-read the vial.* The correct reading is the one you see after the 3 minute timer.

Best Regards,

Pete Smith

As for the meter turn off.

Try the following:

Use 2 cuvettes.

You would use one cuvette with tank water (blank) and the other cuvette with tank water will be the one to add the reagent packet to.

I would add the reagent to the vial* and start mixing for the 2 minutes.* Once, you are about 30 seconds in turn on the meter ( you must keep mixing the vial ) and insert the blank to zero the meter out.* This way it will not turn off.

Best Regards,

Pete Smith

Tech Service Representative

800-426-6287 ext. 134

tech@hannainst.com

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

fit

You're welcome. It's probably better if you can do it all with one cuvette, I suspect Hanna would say, but it's difficult for me, so the Hanna Tech support have me this work around.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
That is exactly what I did today. It doesn't make sense that unshaven to mix the cuvette for two minutes but the devices powers down after two minutes. It would be awesome if the previous reading was saved after the unit shuts down as a fail safe.

fit

The device powers down after three minutes, not two, at least mine does. I can get the stuff into the cuvette and mixed for two minutes inside the three minutes, but it's really easy to miss the 3 minutes.

As for the final result, I can't understand that Hanna doesn't make the reading available the next time the unit is tuned on. Unbelievable!