Hawaii Kauai Snorkel and Scuba

Herbie

Banned
Advocating going to 90 feet on an AL80 is really more the problem there is no room for error as far as gas consumption and no way you have enough air to buddy breath and keep a safe ascent speed if someone has a problem a that depth even on a bounce dive. Unless she wears contacts blurred vision is a neurological symptom. Its possible she has lingering damage that you cant detect. The chances of a hit go up dramatically with depth which is why additional training is recommended for deep diving, and even that training is in my opinion sub par. Most instructors take you down to 90' and then 130' for 5 min dives and hand you a deep diver card, and you really never get any experience task loading while narc'd or with the problems that can occur.
LOL when I did the speciality deep water for my advanced we had to put PVC puzzles together on the surface and at depth to time it. It took my like 7 times longer at depth and I had practiced 10 times. You are totally right about the C-Cards. I'm a certified rescue diver, but I have been for 20 years and no one ever checks to see if I have any sort of continuing ed or even my logs. Diving is exactly as safe as you make it, but you can't really trust anyone to make it safe but yourself.

poidog

I love being narc'ed! haha. One one of my skill tasks it took 20sec at the surface, and she said it took a minute at the bottom. I don't believe her, cause I was like oh ya I did that fast! I have video that I'm going to have to go back and see how long it really took! haha

fwadiver

I love being narc'ed! haha. One one of my skill tasks it took 20sec at the surface, and she said it took a minute at the bottom. I don't believe her, cause I was like oh ya I did that fast! I have video that I'm going to have to go back and see how long it really took! haha
I rarely go below 100' without helium anymore. Makes such a huge impact.

madjoe

Premium member
U should post video .so we can c

fwadiver

if she wears contacts loss of vision is probably from pressure correction thru contacts, eyes are non vascularized and if you have low permeable contacts causes problems when ascending even on a safe profile. I have a buddy that wears hard lenses and is basically blind for the duration of any deco we do.