hello

WeePee

figured i'd stop by, and even sign up.

heres a pic of my 75 gallon mixed reef:
display:

DIY sump & plumbing:

DIY LED lighting and canopy:

i guess technically its not really a mixed reef yet since its empty, but my new pump comes this week, then the return will be plumbed. then the tank will be filled, water will be mixed, sand will be bought, the tank will be cycled, and ill have a mixed reef. all in time for CMAS.

misenplace101

welcome to CR peewee. nice sump... can you post some more pics of the sump and skimmer. What skimmer are you running? More details please.

WeePee

welcome to CR peewee. nice sump... can you post some more pics of the sump and skimmer. What skimmer are you running? More details please.
the skimmer is a Reef Octopus DNW-110-6520B.
which means it is an external recirculating model.

I have it plumbed directly from my overflow, then into the return section of my sump.

As you can tell they use many PVC unions in the skimmer design as do i in my plumbing so it can be easily removed from the system.

heres the skimmer in action:

new post for sump info (need more pictures!)

WeePee

and continued...

the sump was a complete DIY project. I was able to obtain some free plexiglass in the exact sizes i needed for a sump, and i built it from there... quite convenient.
it incorporates a 16 gallon fuge, 6 gallon sump area, and 5 gallon return area.

plexi

+
craftsmanship

=
sump

total cost for the sump: ~$12. (had to buy Weld-On #4 and applicator bottles)

misenplace101

Thank you. Love the skimmer I just got a SRO 3000int. I'm in the design stage of the sump/fuge. Did you build the sump? What return are you using and how much flow for the fuge?

misenplace101

sorry... I didn't see the sump post.

Nice work.. I was thinking about using a 40 breeder but I like the price on yours.

EyeReef

Welcome Owen..
Great looking setup...looks like you put a lot of time and thought into setting it up..:)

WeePee

looks sick man. where can i get plexi like that?
1. you have to know some one who's family member works for a glass shop.
2. build up a good rapport with said family and friend
3. ask for free plexi, get told your "crazy idea" won't hold water (yep, catch the play on words there), then prove them wrong!

mr_z

lol i would mind paying but free would be better i have a 29 gallon tank id like to make a small sump/fuge for it.

tenvibes

i'm a little late, but welcome to the site! awesome setup, keep us updated on your tank. i love seeing tank builds mature!