how much??

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I don't think there's enough room for them in a 6G. Personally I would only put corals and maybe a few inverts in a tank that small.

superfish

6 gal is more than enough for a clown pair to live comfortably.
Only issue is it could be hard to deal with the bioload in a small tank.

MMreef

Would a large anemone and one clown be ok in a 6 gal nano?
Depends on size of anemone it can work, bigger question is what kind of light do you have , is it enough to keep anemone alive? What you going to do for flow, what is your plan for filtration? In such a small tank, parameters change rapidly , salinity can spike up if not topped off regularly, temperature will fluctuate, very easy to overfeed and get you nutrients high, where algae will grow. What is your experience in keeping saltwater tanks? If this is your first tank, I would not recommend it starting this small. But it is possible, I keep 12 gal. with 3 fish, couple of crabs and snails, full of NPS corals that need to be feed every day . I keep changing 5 gal. every weekend, running skimmer and big filter relative to size of my tank. But I have a lot of experience, and can see if things are out of wack, and I know how to react and what to do. In such a small tank margin of error is very small, and it can cost fish or/ and corals lives in a matter of hours.

ReeferRick

From personal exp, its really hard.

nems need high par lighting and great filtration/water quality to keep alive.
Really hard to do in such a small volume of water with parameters easy to fluxuate from high to low if not kept in check very constantly.
I sold my nem due to this.But the first time I kept a nem , It died shortly after due to the reasons mentioned above
I kept it in a 10g with hoosting clowns, shriveled up and died after 2 months.

Last edited:

Paulip

Reefer Rick makes a good point.

Though I think I am not the only one who have thought of a setup with "a clown and it's host" theme. I have spent some time reef-fantasizing this area.

A less demanding setup would be a Fiji or Toadstool Leather in a dedicated tank. The toxicity of the shedding and the need to run high flow may be a concern. Perhaps, someone can share experiences, insights, and pictures?

Wildisme

Another idea if your not stuck on clowns would be sexy shrimp with a nem. Personally I feel that a 6 gallon is too small for a clown to live in more then many a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk