How To Fix Your Avatar Photo

SkullV

Noticed a lot of people changing their photo recently and ending up with these tiny little grainy photos.

All you have to do is run your photo through this:

http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Home.aspx

and set the max dimensions to 150x150. It will output a perfect looking 2-8kb file that is within the max dimensions for Vbullletin avatars.

FishBeard

Hmm, ive tried everything, even your suggestion, and still cannot bypass the 100x100 max for profile, and 80x80 max for avatar. How are you getting around this limit with your avatar? I want the new pic of my frogfish, but it keeps ending up the size of a fingernail....

The original is 150x150 and WELL below the size limit.

SkullV

Just sent back the working file. Try 149x149 next time, forgot to mention that in the original post..

FishBeard

still tiny pics. ill just contact Mike. just curious, what is the max file size it says when you go to UserCP to change yours? Mine is as said above, 80x80 for avatar, 100x100 for profile.

SkullV

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Makes a lot more sense now as to why yours isn't working. Maybe it's different for TeamCR members because of the badge taking up space?

FishBeard

Was a server side restriction, Mike fixed it so team members can once again post 150x150 pics like everyone else. All is now balanced in the universe again.