i beat that cyano!!!!!!!

mr_z

lol. i beat it took a while but was right on top with my water changes new bag of chemipure. still havnt changed those bulbs even tho its time but i have some leds im working on :)

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Congrats! I think we've all waged war against it at some time or another. Glad you were the victor!

nyckeeandnate6

Congrats--- We are currently battling Hair Algae and Bubble algae.... Again!

You would think with 2 emerald crabs in a 29 gallon tank there would be no bubble algae.

MMreef

Congrats--- We are currently battling Hair Algae and Bubble algae.... Again!

You would think with 2 emerald crabs in a 29 gallon tank there would be no bubble algae.
Emerald crabs are hit and miss as far as eating bubble algae.Best is to remove manually and keep nutrients levels low.

SkullV

Congrats on beating cyno the right way. Products like chemi clean and other red slime removers are just band aids for larger problems (nutrient overload). The best way to get rid of cyno is less nutrients and more flow.

Pretty much the same with all forms of algae. If you are going to manually remove bubble algae though make SURE not to pop the bubbles in the tank. They will release spores which will just spread the problem out. If at all possible pull the affected rock out of the tank, pull off all the bubble algae, rinse the rock in fresh saltwater, and return it to the tank.

poidog

I used red slime remover in my nano once when I did everything else with no luck. It did work great and it never came back. I think it was the final push to kill it off.