I think my zoas not doing well, please help.

cman

Hi,

I got my tank for about year. little suffer here and there but still keeping it up. recently I notice that my zoas, the yellow one, is turning brown in its polyp. please see image. not sure what wrong with it. it seems other zoas are doing fine, red, and green one. View attachment 19535View attachment 19536View attachment 19537View attachment 19538
I do some researches, some say there might be pets that eating them or Light i have.
I have 2 Chinese LED, most of the time I put the Blue. only 2 1/2 hours with the white... nitrate, nitrite are 0....
is its color normal? or there is a problem

thanks,

cman

no, I have 11 hours of light, most of the time is blue. I only turn white 2 1/2 hours / day. so 8 hours blue + (2 1/2 white & blue)

Irsug1

Premium member
You need a little nitrate like 2. Also who's your phosphate and alk at. Please post your parameters.

cman

You need a little nitrate like 2. Also who's your phosphate and alk at. Please post your parameters.
calcium:
ATI test around 450

Hanna checker: 530

i'm not sure which one is correct but I got little trouble using the Hanna Checker.

Phosphate: 0.05

I just did the water change and phosphate remover today so I guess it will reduce phosphate a bit in couple of days.

it seems still spreading out but also the brownie. do you think it's because of the phosphate? or calcium.

the ALK is around 7. I dose baking soda everyday. I have few SPS, they're little slow but doing fine.

Irsug1

Premium member
Parameters look okay. I suggest getting your alk and nitrate up a little.
The lights haven't changed and you grew those colonies right?

cman

Parameters look okay. I suggest getting your alk and nitrate up a little.
The lights haven't changed and you grew those colonies right?
Yes, I think they have been in the tank for 10 months or so. I like them very much. I do some researches and today I reduce 1 hour of white light to see if there is any improvement. will see in couple of days. I do water change one a week. so not sure how to increase the nitrate, guess will do less water change.

thanks.

cman

it's getting better. I don't know what affect it. I reduce the white light to 2 hours and phosphate is also lower to 0.04 maybe lower today. anyway, thanks for all the help guys.

madjoe

Premium member
OMG thats too funny, do you still communicate with that lady ?
Bryan
No havent heard from her . She was actually a nice lady off the forums still cray cray but people say same about me lol . Most people on here dont even know what im talking about with vitamin c it before there time on here lol glad to see u back " bryan"