ICH-need advise

SteveV

Not sure if I should start a new thread or stay on teh sticky? HAs anyone treated Ich with Fritz Parashield?? They claim it also will kill the ich but takes 4-5 days. Hate adding anything to my DT but want to attack this before I have to tear down the whole tank to catch the fish... What a nightmare.... Also have read where people just leave the fish/tank alone and pray it goes away?

SteveV

I started up my UV hope that it helps? Heard 2 different opinions. Will kill parasites and some say it won't. Any other advise???

#theMatrix

It will kill the free swiming stage of the parasite. Ask yourself. ....do you want to maintain a system with ich. Or do you want to cure your fish and the parasite from your system?

Then move forward from there.
Usually people say theyre fish look better after a week. Its true...the blisters fall off the fish and each makes another 80. And then the cyst goes into free swimming and attaches to more fish or same fish and the cycle continues.

In the ocean a fish can swim off the parasite. In your tank...it will be infested.

Last edited:

SteveV

So your opinion all the nateral treatments don't do donkey?? Hypo sounds like the way to go? What a major pain...

So your opinion all the nateral treatments don't do donkey?? Hypo sounds like the way to go? What a major pain...
There is some evidence that if you do not introduce ANYTHING in your tank for 11 months, the Ich strain will die off. Of course, it's a question as to how many fish you will lose in 11 months. There is a good chance that you will end up losing most of them. But it's possible that you won't lose any with some luck. It's difficult to say.

- - - Updated - - -

And oh yeah, there is nothing that will cure Ich that's reef safe.