idea

scotty

i was looking at boost's website and came across this gem.

got me thinking, if you cut the reflector, put the holes in it just to get the diode inside, gap it so you dont have the metal sitting on the stars, would this help with the problem with non-optic systems loosing par rating? Just thinking about ideas for my LED build, im gonna wait until i can do it right and im thinking this is something right.

discuss

misenplace101

+10 on reefledlights.
I just did my upgrade and couldn't be happier.

Sorry for the bad pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misenplace101

I don't think that would work... Led beams light down and with optics it narrows the beam tighter. With using a reflector you will loose more pars because the light will be bouncing off rather direct beam.
Just my .02 worth.

WeePee

imo the blending issues arent too much to worry about, unless instead of looking at fish and coral you spend your time over analyzing the shadows coming from each led.

misenplace101

I just got mine up and running tonight. Really haven't notice. It could also be I'm seeing spot from staring at the LEDs while I was putting it together. Lol. So far it seems to blend nicely and i don't have optics. I'll let you know when my eyes adjust back to normal.

scotty

ha well i don't have much to look at yet, minus my jerk, overactive, overprotective clowns, all i was doing was gluing my duncan down finally and i got rained on by a barage of angry fish bites, doesnt hurt until he keeps hitting the same spot over and over!!

scotty

ok next question, why does reefledlights have 40 dollar strips cheaper than the kits? what am i missing?

misenplace101

He has everything you will need as a kit or separate.

Check out his sight and give him a call. Let him know you are on CR.

Pricing is very fair and best of all he is local and will answer any questions and stand by his product.

misenplace101

IMO. The best thing so far is the shimmer effect that I miss from MH and the lower cost of electricity.