Introducing a new Clown

jfmkem82

So I got back from a weeklong trip and one of my clowns is missing. I haven't seen him in 2 days now - even when I feed the fish - so I assuming he is dead and the crabs did in the carcass.

Can I introduce a new clown fish is I have an established female in the tank already? I've had 2 pair in the passed and always introduced them as a pair.

Venom

Premium member
I had the same situation as you unfortunately the new clown took a beating for a while. Calm down in two weeks.

madjoe

Premium member
U check the over flow and everything. Its almost easier to pull that clown and introduce a smaller clown and that one into a new tank maybe 10gal qt at the same time . Imo this is best way adding to same tank that the other one is established in already is always more risky

jfmkem82

U check the over flow and everything. Its almost easier to pull that clown and introduce a smaller clown and that one into a new tank maybe 10gal qt at the same time . Imo this is best way adding to same tank that the other one is established in already is always more risky
Well I'll be damned....I just saw my "dead" clown swimming in my overflow box....LOL

Now the question in figuring out how to get him outta there....any suggestions???? The minute he sees the net he dives to the bottom of the box and hides among the piping.

madjoe

Premium member
Well I'll be damned....I just saw my "dead" clown swimming in my overflow box....LOL

Now the question in figuring out how to get him outta there....any suggestions???? The minute he sees the net he dives to the bottom of the box and hides among the piping.
Get a piece of tube he can fit in put a cap on one end drill a hole in cap like 1/4 inch hole for draining. Drill tiny hole in open end for fishing string . Place tube in over flow wait for him to go in for safty and pull him out

Mjl714

Mine got all the way down into the sump, before i stuffed a little filter floss into the overflow area that allowed clown into overflow. No problem since...