Is there any diving spots.......

crny1

Premium member
Going on a cruise in a couple weeks and go thinking. I want to dive but then again if there isnt any good diving spots I dont want to drag my stuff along. So, does anyone know of any good diving spots in Aruba or Curaco? Figured there might be someone on here that has been there. Anything that is a must see? THis is a family cruise but thought I might be able to take advantage of the warm water and the chance to dive if its worth while. Anyone know? Thanks

Wes

Herbie

Banned
Aruba has pretty good diving. There are a couple of great wrecks and the water is absolutely crystal clear. Never been to Curaco but The ABCs are sort of legendary (Aruba Bonaire and Curacao) with Bonaire being the most dive-able. I really enjoyed the diving in Aruba and actually went back for my honeymoon because I love the island as well.

Pufferpunk

Be sure to visit Curacao aquarium! The main section you can dive or snorkel in & there are stingrays & lots of large fish, all you can feed by hand. There is a plexiglass partition & sharks you can feed by hand. Another section with HUGE turtles & giant pufferfish you can feed while diving/snorkeling in the main section. ALL the diving on that island is fantastic! Been there 3x.

crny1

Premium member
Well looks like I will be packing up the scuba gear..............
Now I have to go spend money on a computer!!! Dammit! lol

Also whats the water temp like? Wet suit needed? or a thin one atleast?

Herbie

Banned
The water is as warm as it gets. More stable in Aruba than my tank. I started with a shorty but was diving in trunks by the end. 79-82 is the annual swing:D

crny1

Premium member
Well all my scuba stuff is already in florida waiting on me to get there Saturday morning. New underwater camera housing in hand. New lens in hand. Ready to get there and do some diving and snorkeling and take some pictures! Hopefully I will have some photos to post upon returning. That is if I can work this fancy dancy camera and the settings!!! I am ready......