JB Waterweld?

James_G

I have some "JB Waterweld" in my house and I was wondering if I could use that to stick some frags down with or should I buy the stuff at the LFS?

Thanks!

Greg

Personally I dont take any risks, and just buy reef glue specifically for the hobby. Just me, but I wouldnt even consider things out of the hobby.

However, many people use many other glues.

FishBeard

Cyanoacrylic Gel, no other additives, you can find it at your hobby shop, woodworking shops and even the dollar store under the loctite name in single use tubes. This is the best adhesive to use for gluing frags into a wet tank. If you are working outside the tank, you can use that 2 part epoxy putty you cut a piece off a mash up like playdough, but that stuff is very difficult to work with underwater properly.

The reefer

I just used water weld to glue down all my Sps. And everything went well. I hear it's the same thing as the reef stuff.

James_G

Cyanoacrylic Gel, no other additives, you can find it at your hobby shop, woodworking shops and even the dollar store under the loctite name in single use tubes. This is the best adhesive to use for gluing frags into a wet tank. If you are working outside the tank, you can use that 2 part epoxy putty you cut a piece off a mash up like playdough, but that stuff is very difficult to work with underwater properly.
Thanks, Im going to go with the cyanoacrylic like you said before. I had the JB Weld at my house so I thought I'd ask about it.