Lid idea, would this work

Neebles

Screen top, would this work

We have a trampoline in the back yard. Today I had to replace the safety netting on it as the old one was starting to rip a bit. It's black netting, maybe 1/4 inch or so holes. Anyway before tossing it in the trash, I was wondering if it would be safe to cut a few squares of it and use it to make a screen top for a tank or two. I would use window frames and make it like any other screen top. Do you think this would be ok or do you have concerns...

Thanks!!

Last edited:

svb57

For a few dollars I would get the white netting. While the netting you have would work I would think that it would still block too much light/

Neebles

For a few dollars I would get the white netting. While the netting you have would work I would think that it would still block too much light/
I'm not worried about saving a few dollars, it's more of a this crud is going to end up in a landfill so I might as well try and repurpose it type thing. I would be using it to make screen tops for my qt tanks not the main display.

Neebles

Do you think any chemicals could have gotten on it since it was outside?
Thats a good point. They do spray for Mosquitos in the summer, but the netting was outside all winter so I doubt there would be any chemical remaining on it. I suppose I could wash it to be safe. I don't know maybe I should just toss it and move on. It's my kids going to a dang green school that makes me want to save the world lol.