Looking to get LFS on this site

EyeReef

I know Mr_Z has already spoken to Aquatica in Tinley Park and they expressed interested in sponsoring this forum. I believe it will be of great benefit to everyone if the local fish stores are part of this community as well. This will help with the exposure of the store as well as allow members to learn more about the business and what they have to offer. So next time you guys are at your favorite LFS, see if they would be interested. Tell them its free to charge, and in return offer a discount to us CR members:D

Smitty

Premium member
I've already mentioned the site to a few lfs's too...I'll bring it up again and mention the sponsoring part. :)

mr_z

yay me!!!! dont forget i spoke to rob at robs aquatics to and he was a bit more excited about it since his store is new.

Stonefish13

I can get a sponsorship from Rob right now. I talked to him yesterday about it. He's in. He just wants to know what his contributions will have to be and who he should send it to.

bluethumb

I am not a store persay, but run a service(Blue Thumb Chicago) out of the main floor of my home. I would certainly like to help in some way with this site be it sponsor or whatever.

The reefer

How about new fish? Did anyone talk to them? It would be great since there in the city. And old town is another good one hopefully both decide to join.

Scarlett778

wat do u tell them to get a discount? i been there a few times and nothing?
I think it just we've gone there so long that they've made lots of money off of us lol we used to go there alot for both FW and SW so they give us a 10% here and 10% there. There's some twerps that come and go there but the ones that stick around are really nice and very knowledgeable. Eddy us great there, he's never pushy and very helpful! There is another guy there, forgot his name but really nice. He only knows the Latin named for coral and is horrible with the common names.

Scarlett778

I'm just a twerp... Heck, I used to work there & still get nothing.
Lol I'm talkin bout those high school kids that come and go :p

I also remember another guy that worked there, forgot his name but I think he's one of the owners or managers at Chicago Aquarium. Dunno how well that place is doing now but I remember the old owner, he's the one that really got us in fish and reef keeping