MarinePure Ceramic Biomedia

BradB

Premium member
Anyone use this product

Thoughts

I'm thinking about adding 1 of plates to a new set- up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cment

I have the 8" block in my sump. Absolutely love it. I was able to feed super heavy with 2 leopard warsses and a tamarin wrasse along with 4 other fish in a 66g tank with zero issues. It was a mixed reef and all the things you read about it leaching Al to me is unfounded. I know many people that run these without issue. Yes there is a correlation with titron test and these but nothing has been proven definitive. I would not worry...

wrasse

Not sure if I have to, but I am cycling an 8 inch block in a Rubbermaid with a a heater and power head for 2 weeks to establish bacteria in the brick.

cment

I should say this...I began my tank with the 8x8x4 block in the sump. I think the problem that takes place is that these blocks have a huge amount of surface area and do a great job at nutrient conversion. What I believe happens is someone with an established tank hears good things about it and adds the block to their tank. Then theres a drastic change in nutrients and throws off the balance causing issues with their corals. My suggestion is to add the blocks when starting your tank and if you want to add these to an establish tank opt for the balls and gradually add them over the course of a few months. I have also cut up an 8x8x1 block and add a few pieces of it to my sump then use them for QT when I get new fish. Make sure to rinse these well before use.