Maxing out a 7yr. old Canon DSLR

markitekt

So I decided to take a few shots using my 2005 Canon Rebel XT. The shots are taken with a 55-250mm zoom lens. I used the RAW format, ending up with about 10mb per shot. This is the best detail I could get out of an 8 megapixel camera. I think the acrylic does effect the focusing ability of the lens a little.

markitekt

Here's a full tank shot update. Some major changes since the tank feature. Added rock, new coral placement.

JVC

****... first pic was taken at F32!! I have a similar lens and a semi similar camera... I just can't seem to get the same clarity up that close. I presume you had it on a tripod? How far away from the tank were you since you were shooting at 250mm?

-John

markitekt

****... first pic was taken at F32!! I have a similar lens and a semi similar camera... I just can't seem to get the same clarity up that close. I presume you had it on a tripod? How far away from the tank were you since you were shooting at 250mm?

-John
Haha, yes, the first one was shot at f/32, for a wider depth of field. I have a tripod, it was setup at about 3 feet from the subject.

The ISO was 100, and I always underexpose my shots a little bit. After saving the photo to your computer, you can go in it's properties and see all the camera settings. Actually seems like you already did:)

Oh, and I use the 10 second timer for shooting. That way, I don't have to touch the camera, which would blur the image on a longer exposure.