Members input regarding mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADGUS

Can we keep a thread open regarding the issues going on behind the scenes here at CR?Afterall if it is a site by members for members can we have a vote and resolve this by members' input?Am i asking for a fair thing or is this none of our business?There are a couple mods that maybe we could do without aswell as some we cannot do without.

I'm just asking for a fair point of view and an explanation as to why things went this route and if there's anything we as members can do to help the site be a better place and also an active force with local fish stores/members?

I ask that Eric be brought back as the great person and CR representative that he has started to become.

Anyone that supports what i've said,let's BOYCOTT CR to show our support for Eric.

Who's with me?

Cubbies

I don't know about a boycott Gus but I do agree with you 1000% on bringing Eric back. He's one of the best mods and has done alot imo for the site. I don't know what's going on but all of a sudden it's looking not too good for me around here. I love the site and I don't know why we couldn't have kept things like they were. . .

ColaAddict

Why do you have to be a mod to be a good contributor here? I think the mods did have some kind of issues with each other, so some decisions were made. I think you guys would need to know what those issues were to understand, but that's between Mike and the mods. Again, I don't think you have to be a mod to contribute your knowledge. A moderator's job is to moderate, sharing knowledge is up to all of us.

The reefer

But come on y get rid of Eric? He was they guy on top of things here. He never got over Anyones head for being a mod. No offense to all the mods but every other mod has has sum conflict with another reefer here and they took Eric off with no problem with anyone?
If this is our forum than y can't members vote who they want as mods?
Since cr has been around it really started to get bigger and better cuz of Eric.
So all team cr really think about this decision and how it's making a negative look on cr.
Your seeing how many ppl want Eric back.

SkullV

This is nothing new here. Issues with the moderation I this site has been the issue since day one. It has never been an issue regarding the contribution of the general members. It seems like decisions about hiring/firing of forum staff are never thought through.

ColorMeCorals

I say this is a soap opera! Seems more people here care about drama than reefing. These kind of threads really just turn newbies and true reefers off.
There are plenty of sites and clubs out there or someone can just start there own and do what ever they want. You can't make everyone happy no matter what. If people are really concerned about it post something to help the reefers instead of debate crap. I have yet to see this as being an issue being this site was build on the foundation of freedom to post verses RC Mod control.

FishBeard

I say this is a soap opera! Seems more people here care about drama than reefing. These kind of threads really just turn newbies and true reefers off.
There are plenty of sites and clubs out there or someone can just start there own and do what ever they want. You can't make everyone happy no matter what. If people are really concerned about it post something to help the reefers instead of debate crap. I have yet to see this as being an issue being this site was build on the foundation of freedom to post verses RC Mod control.
Well said. With that, if anyone else has any further issues or complaints, please contact Mike directly via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.