Moving Corals out of an Ich tank

richiet

I have a few things in my DT that I would like to move out for various reasons. Since I found out the tank had Ich I moved all of the fish to hypo-salinity QT. That DT has been empty of fish for almost two weeks. I know coral can't get it, but that doesn't mean that it can't carry it over to a new system in nooks and crannies. I know there isn't a fool proof way to move it, but is there something that might lessen the chances of spreading ich to my other tank? I have Coral Dip from Brightwell. Also have Hydrogen Peroxide. Will two dips along with a lot of shaking of the coral frag be enough? Really quick fresh water dip?

Should have mentioned. I was hoping to move a few softies and some zoas

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
My guess is that the FW dip would be suficient to kill ich, but I've never FW dipped anything other than zoas. The coral dip should kill it too. I'd think the hydrogen peroxide would be overkill. Personally, I'd probably go with the coral dip followed by a FW dip since you need to rinse the coral dip off anyway, might as well use FW for the rinse.

richiet

That's what I was thinking. I've done a lot of the reading as well, but didn't see any mention of the coral issue. I guess better to play it safe up front than have to deal with it later on.