My 210g tank

SKEETER1978

Hello my name is Mike and I wanted to share some info on my 210g mixed reef.
I live in Island lake Il
I'm married two kids one german shorthair and a reef tank.
This is what im running now
210g dual overflow tank/Homemade stand
55g sump made from 55g tank. 3 chambers I use the triton method so first chamber is 20g refuge then skimmer then return
30g ato tank/pump
Waveline dc10000ii return pump
Rlss -i8 skimmer with waveline dc6000
2 different reactors for gfo/carbon ect…
Lights… 3 kessil a360 tuna and 2 sb-reeflights 30in leds in a homemade canopy ...kessil H160 refuge light in sump with another misc led grow led
I use 2 jebao cp150 gyre pumps at each end they work good… (trying to get away from the china pumps I had one almost catch fire but the apex detected the voltage spike or something and shut the whole tank down when I reset It i could smell the pump wires burning up then it shut down again)
livestock
A bunch of corals some I don’t know the names hopefully over time I find out through people here lol
Blonde naso tang (male)
Purple tang
Blue regal tang
Kole tang
Falco hawkfish
Valentini puffer
Pj cardinal
Purple dottyback
Lryetail anthia
2 clown fish one snowflake one carmel colored
Zerba barred dartfish
Blue throat triggerfish (male)
Pair orange spotted gobies…(that killed the pistol shrimp and any I try to give them)
Bi color blenny (that I can’t find after I kicked him out of the flipper cleaner)
Apitasia eating filefish… (that doesn’t eat my apitasia)
4 rose bubbletip aneomes ( I would love to get rid of 3 them started with one)
Cuc with sand stifting star…and I have millions of those Asterina stars?? And a bunch of bristle worms
There might be something im missing or thought was dead and will reappear…lol small fish big tank

I started the tank in 2014 This was my first saltwater tank..(ive had fresh for many years before)…. I made all the rocks at first using the garf method and used a black sand… I still have some of the rocks but the black sand scratched the glass and the wife wanted white so I switched it a few years later. Some rocks have been traded out for some nicer looking rocks I got from a tear down I did for a friend but I did get apitasia and bristleworms from him. I have been using the triton method for the last 2 years and use a jebao doser…it works for me and I did do only 5 water changes last year… the only reason I do water changes are to clean the sump which I wish I had filter socks but I needed the refuge to be bigger….and if my di resin gets old it will let something into my ato water that grows GHA like crazy so I use a 8 stage system….1 large whole house sediment…one smaller sed…two carbon …one 100gpd mem….one blue resin…one purple resin….one mixed resin….(I go threw the blue resin to purple at a 3to1 ratio)
Im using omega reef sea salt but im looking into others…(the last few years I would get it cheap at lfs sale every year and would buy a bunch but not on sale this year).
I started with easy corals but have been playing with the sticks the last year and everything grows well.
I do want to start to sell/ trade some stuff that is getting overgrown…I have a few more post to go though.
I will post a few pictures answer any questions anybody has.. ive had many problems even a battle with ich that kill half my fish but we beat it (long process) and now qt all fish..
Thanks for input hope to make some friends along the way
Mike

Attachments

Mjl714

Nice looking tank thanks for the pictures and detailed write up. Also like the sump work and dosing jars, they look small for your tank, but easy to refill.