Need ro/di system advice

Danieldv6

View attachment 9531View attachment 9531View attachment 9531
Ok.so back in november I bought a system from BULKREEFSUPLY howerver they send me the wrong unit and by my low experience never took a closer look:sherlock: that my system did not had The DI filter installed so now I called them and my surprice they send me a single DI canister but don't know exactly where this is suppost to be connected...if is before the RO and after the carbon blocks or at the end after the RO membrane...was adding bad water to my tank??:sparta-lol: my TDS always reads 0 TDS..thanks for your help

trackfast

Princess Trainer
A 4 stage RODI set up would normally be sediment filter, carbon block, RO membrane and then DI canister. With a 5 stage you probably would have dual sediment filters or carbon blocks, the RO and then the DI.

Mel 2038

A 4 stage RODI set up would normally be sediment filter, carbon block, RO membrane and then DI canister. With a 5 stage you probably would have dual sediment filters or carbon blocks, the RO and then the DI.
+1 The DI, would be your last stage.

Darienreefs7

What I did was I installed the new canister first with the sediment filter and then into two carbon blocks into the dual ro membranes and the lastly the di resin. Thats how BRS recommended it on their video

tmb22

What I did was I installed the new canister first with the sediment filter and then into two carbon blocks into the dual ro membranes and the lastly the di resin. Thats how BRS recommended it on their video
You nailed it. Remember, once the DI resin turns brown (BRS sells color-changing DI resin) you should replace it. With regular use, this means every 6 - 8 months or so.