Nem under leds

madjoe

Premium member
So whats the secrete to keeping nems under leds i have a rbta and a rainbow and both look like shiet bleached witch i thought was to much light so i cut on channel off all that did was make the nem shrink and lose its green lol tank is my bio cube light is same as my reef light from the group buy that i gutted and fit into stock canopy added two bigger fans it stays nice and cool . I didnt add optics i can i do have 90 and 120 but figured big light small tank so close to water didnt need em ever thing else looks great just not nems rest tank is shrooms and gorganians oh and gree leather coral . Pics dont come out true color . I wont be able to tespond to this post much but will be able to read it time to time so any suggestions to try when i get back from england let me know thanks . Bio load is min only pair of clowns no filter media just a 9002 skimmer modded with a marine land pump . Tank has some hair algae issues no horrible mainly one rock that i added not long ago .

Funlad3

We have two carpets, a bubble, and a Sebae in our family display tank under the T5/LED hybrid, and they do fantastically. If they're not keeping their color, I'd feed them more, and be sure that they have places to move where they can get out of direct lighting, if there is in fact too much. Not sure how long you've had them under LEDs, Joe, but you know how picky they can be until they find their spot. :)

Good luck!

madjoe

Premium member
We have two carpets, a bubble, and a Sebae in our family display tank under the T5/LED hybrid, and they do fantastically. If they're not keeping their color, I'd feed them more, and be sure that they have places to move where they can get out of direct lighting, if there is in fact too much. Not sure how long you've had them under LEDs, Joe, but you know how picky they can be until they find their spot. :)

Good luck!
Had more then month im sure . T5 led combo is nice they love t5 and they not moveing staying put lol i do feed them every once in while i will try feeding em more when i get back . Nems always been easy for me kinda chucked em in tank they move around til they find home then just let em grow not sure why they being pia all of sudden lol

Funlad3

Had more then month im sure . T5 led combo is nice they love t5 and they not moveing staying put lol i do feed them every once in while i will try feeding em more when i get back . Nems always been easy for me kinda chucked em in tank they move around til they find home then just let em grow not sure why they being pia all of sudden lol
Nems annoy the crap out of me, but I love them. And it is because they know that I love them that they decide to annoy the crap out of me. It's a vicious cycle.

kdog23

I always thought nems did good when I had radions----color even looked better. I have t5's now and going back to led---so I am nervous about my nem and all other corals freaking out.

1mg

I had 7 nems under only 7 3w cree leds and looked great I dought it's the leds, jmo

madjoe

Premium member
I had 7 nems under only 7 3w cree leds and looked great I dought it's the leds, jmo
Yea thats whats my other buddy saying too maybe water quality . I added chemipure elite and phosphate pads before i left maybe it will turn around for the wife while im gone

F4tal Reefer

Here's a crappy cell phone top down shot of my rtba ( doesnt bubble often tho ) its under a kessil 150 in a 20l... It was in my bicube 14 under the same light. Growh has been good, and I am happy with the color.
Oh and it gets chunks of food from rods original blend spot fed twice a week and then what ever it catches during my normal feeding of rods to the fish.

riv

Premium member
I have rbtas under LEDs. They keep splitting. Also have some in my sump with a cc par 38(I think) those also split lol.

madjoe

Premium member
I closed the tank down fuk it pissed me off moved all to the sps tank nem opened right up been closed all day i saw the clowns trying to host it last night so hopefully nem does good and clowns will host although i hope it dont go around stinging all my nice sps lol oh well

charris24

To be honest with you, I introduced a rbta to a cube with Leds that was around 3-4 months old. I acclimated well but was still concerned being that it wasn't a very well established tank. It split within a week and I still have the two with a nice red/pink color. I have them under a nanobox quad at this point that is 60% blue 40% white for 6 hrs a day and they still look great. Scientifically they have specific needs but from what I see and hear it's water quality that plays a big part of it...and luck. I am by no means an experienced reefer and was very iffy on getting an rbta (even for free) but it has worked out well so far. Two-three water changes a month and low bio-load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
Yea while breaking down the tank i found the issue definitly water quality rock scape just didnt let good flow to filter out all the gunk i put every thing in my reef and with in minutes every thing open and happy as a clam even nem stayed where i put it and opened

madjoe

Premium member
I have 2 rbta under a kessil360. Butit it aint open all the way.. Should i bust the light up? Or whats the best settings for them?
Mine actually recovered in my big tank it must of been bad water quality in the nano because the lights were exactly the same . Ive never owned a kessil so never took par readings so cant help u with the settings may need turning up may need lowering u could always experiment . Turn up alittle see what it does

FLIP_clover 07

Mine actually recovered in my big tank it must of been bad water quality in the nano because the lights were exactly the same . Ive never owned a kessil so never took par readings so cant help u with the settings may need turning up may need lowering u could always experiment . Turn up alittle see what it does
Thanks ill see what happens