Neptune Apex Aquacontroller

Scarlett778

Well Jake and I finally purchased the apex controller and holy crapola that's expensive! We definitely picked up a pricey hobby! Anywho any plus' and minus' on it?

Scarlett778

Wow that's a great price, got ours at marine depot for 499 but had to also get another power bar. Even though we have our tank insured, this will make me feel tons safer

jcarlilesiu

Well, we got the apex all up and running. So far, we love it.

In order to do maintenance, I used to have to crawl UNDER my tank and reach all the way to the back wall to unplug equipment. We have a deep dimension cube, so its 3' back there, not to mention that we have our sump under the tank. It was a tight fight, and not easy to do.

Now. We just hit a button and all of the equipment turns off that allows us to perform a water change or feed. Sweet.

We have the two sets of T5s and metal halides on the integrated sun/moon simulator. It turns the lights on and off, even allowing lights to come on in phases to simulate sun rise/set but also adjusts the duration that the lights are on based on the calendar. This also effects when they turn on and off. Same with the lunar cycle.

These two things have been very helpful, but there are so many more. Email and text message alerts, wave maker functionality, and a whole host of conditional programming that keeps the tank and equipment safe in case of a problem.

Now I just need to order some float switches so I can integrate our current JBJ ATO into the system. Just waiting for my wallet to get a little fatter after the initial purchase.

If anybody has any questions on the apex system. Let me know!

goat585

Administrator
I have one and I really like it. I did have one small problem with mine but Curt and Neptune took care of it immediately and typically responds to emails extremely quickly. It's a little tricky to set up the email and internet functions but when it up and running it is really slick.

jcarlilesiu

I have one and I really like it. I did have one small problem with mine but Curt and Neptune took care of it immediately and typically responds to emails extremely quickly. It's a little tricky to set up the email and internet functions but when it up and running it is really slick.
Yup. Curt got an email from me too. Agreed that its a little tricky.