New here from MN

adeebm

Hello everyone!

I moved to Chicago from MN a year ago, and it's time to start up another reef tank. Kept a 180 FOWLR, 45 FW and some other tanks before. I'm in the process of building a 50 cube now, as space is limited in my apt. Silence and automation are my main goals.

Anyone know what the best LFS in Chicago city are? Checked out Old Town Aquarium the other day, decent place but small. There was a fairly thriving reef community in MN, hoping to find something similar here.

jrpark22000

Premium member
WElcome to Chicago and the forum!

My goto are Aqua Pros, ReefWise and Aquatica. All a ways from the city. In the city proper, I don't know of many.

Fish_wiz2

Welcome! Do you have access to a car? If so, my go-to's are Aquapros, Reefwise, and Underwater World. But city limits: Tank-It-Easy, Coral Reef Pet Centre, and Petco (believe it or not).

goatous

Welcome!
When you are up and running, and ready to stock your tank with some awesome LPS, Wojtek's Reef, he's a basement operation but is well worth a visit.

Smitty

Premium member
Hello and welcome to the site. Glad to have you aboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adeebm

Welcome! Do you have access to a car? If so, my go-to's are Aquapros, Reefwise, and Underwater World. But city limits: Tank-It-Easy, Coral Reef Pet Centre, and Petco (believe it or not).
Sold my car, too expensive in downtown. I'll have to see which of those are accessible via CTA. Thanks for the suggestions!