New here

Ovrkil

Hi Everyone, New to the forums and not a big poster but a big reader. Been in the Hobby for a long time but mostly with fish only systems. We got out for a while and decided to once again dive back in and start up a sps tank. We bought a red sea max E170 and everything is going great at month 5. We decided to use the reef foundation system from red sea and are following that to the letter and the few little frags we got from WWC live sale are growing like mad.

If anyone is interested we have two Ocellaris Clowns we have had for a couple of years and they are just to aggressive for our little tank, have a little flasher wrasse and it's just a matter of time before they hurt him. Free to a good home

P.S. We live in the far south suburbs near the border of Indiana

Scott & Janeen

stacygirl

Premium member
Hi Everyone, New to the forums and not a big poster but a big reader. Been in the Hobby for a long time but mostly with fish only systems. We got out for a while and decided to once again dive back in and start up a sps tank. We bought a red sea max E170 and everything is going great at month 5. We decided to use the reef foundation system from red sea and are following that to the letter and the few little frags we got from WWC live sale are growing like mad.

If anyone is interested we have two Ocellaris Clowns we have had for a couple of years and they are just to aggressive for our little tank, have a little flasher wrasse and it's just a matter of time before they hurt him. Free to a good home

P.S. We live in the far south suburbs near the border of Indiana

Scott & Janeen
Looking forward to seeing the SPS tank.

Ovrkil

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Tanks a little over 4 months now and really seems stable, if anything it's to good. We noticed to acro's and the bird's nest losing a little color so we cut back on the NoPox and started feeding the fish a little heavier, still difficult keeping our phosphates and nitrates at a detectable level. A reading of anything other then 0 is still pretty rare. After a week or so though the colors came right back and everything seems great.

We went to the CMAS frag swap and got a small zoo frag, A very small rainbow Bubble tip, a small micro from Jason fox and a clam. The wife and kids picked them and it seems it will be sort of a mixed reef now. I guess I have to let them enjoy it also :) Done adding for a while and I still have a couple of choice spots left I'm saving for some nice sps to finish it.
I'm still amazed at the growth I am seeing, the birds nest after only 2 months in tanks is hardly recognizable from the frag we bought, the other Acro's while not as prominent still have all white tips and definitely growing although more slowly ( I was worried because I never had a sps before and thought I was killing them haha) The 2 single polyp Zoo's we got from WWC's live sale have 3 and 4 polyps now.

Being a amateur photographer I will get around to posting some pics, still haven't got the white balance quite figured out to where they look anything like the tank but i will get it :)

I also still have the 2 clowns if anyone wants them for free and can provide a good home, if not i'll just keep them and deal with them

Scott & Janeen

Last edited: