New to site

Bliss Creative

Hello,

I'm new to the site, and newer to the whole salt water reef tank experience.

We recieved our tank from my sister in law a year ago, and had a free accident a few months ago where the in tank heater blew up and killed everything in the tank except for our RBTA.

It gave us a chance to start over, so now we have a beautiful start to our 29G biocube reef tank and are just now starting to get into the corals.

Found this site on accident, and glad i did!!!

Bliss Creative

Here's one quick photo of my tank. Any suggestions on what do to with it next are greatly appreciated!! We currently have the RBTA, bubble anemone, 2 Chocolate clowns, and a blue damsel.

I just purchased our first two corals; A Merulina and a Candy Cane Frag.

I am looking to sell or trade the Merulina.

Pufferpunk

:welcome20smiles:
IMO, your tank is fully stocked of fish, other than the damsel is a schooling fish, so I'd get a couple more of them. Also, you really should have waited to get the anemone, it belongs in a tank that has been stable for about a year. Be careful you don't buy any expensive corals, as that nem will grow big & can sting anything it gets in contact with.

Bliss Creative

Puffer,

I was told for our 29gal tank that we should have no more than 4 smaller fish. Right now we have 3, but the Blue Damsel was something that a friend gave us for free, and we are thinking we may need to get rid of it due to it being slightly aggressive towards the two clowns.

The RBTA has been in that tank for a few years, since before we got the tank from my sister in law. A local fish store was holding it for us while we set up the tank again, but once they tested the water table they said we would be able to put the RBTA back in. We did just buy the other bubble tip.

I also have a 55 gal tank that i haven't set up. I'll probably eventually set that up as a salt water fish only tank.

I appreciate the feedback. Like i said, i'm a bit newer to this so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bliss Creative

oh wow, a foot across!! The RBTA is a few years old, and hasn't grown much more than what it's at now, but my sister in law also did not take care of the tank at all so that could be why. She's probably lucky it never died. I'll definitely keep an eye on them

The other BTA has two months. Does this mean it might split?

Bwidner

oh wow, a foot across!! The RBTA is a few years old, and hasn't grown much more than what it's at now, but my sister in law also did not take care of the tank at all so that could be why. She's probably lucky it never died. I'll definitely keep an eye on them

The other BTA has two months. Does this mean it might split?
Every time my RBTA grew a second mouth in my old tank it split within a few weeks.