night lighting

jeepsdoitall

so i was wondering what some of you guys are using for light in your tank at night cause i have a few led lights that i leave on at night but i wasn't sure if there was a specific plan of action or needs of the tank as far as lighting at night i dont have a lot of corals yet but i plan to start getting some

Stonefish13

My lights go on at 12 noon then at 8pm my whites go off and just my actinic are on until 10pm and when they shut off my moonlights go on at 10pm and stay on until 4am and then there's nothing on until 12 noon and it starts all over.

Cubbies

Leds. I would say there is no right or wrong answer here. IMO you don't want to accostume your tank to something and switch it just like that. I did that, and my fish seemed to not sleep. I guess they thought it was daylight still. I had nothing for the night and put leds as night lights. They are fine now. Like Jason said try and do a routine for them. :)

xtlosx

For night lights I went to oznium.com, look for their flexible led strips. I bought a 36" strip, put it on the underside of my mu series led fixture and wired it up. Can't go wrong and they are waterproof too.

nyckeeandnate6

We have a Blue Marineland LED Bubble Wand. We are looking into a new fixture with built in lunar lights now, but I am not sure yet.