No Cancun Dive for me

2clowns

:( I am sad to say that we just got back from a week in Cancun and did not dive one time. Traveling with my modest equipment with thoughts of the wonders that lay before me. Still no diving. The only wonder, I found , is how we all got sick, and how to stay off the toilet. Belieze I hope will be much better. I plan to go next year. But never Mexico again.

DD

"Rambo"
Dang sorry to hear about that Jesse. That really sucks.

My father and step mother are both divers and have gone on some really awesome diving vacations. The only problem is my step mom has gotten sick when they went to Bora Bora and also Belize. My dad still went though lol!

I'm sure you'll enjoy Belize. My dad went diving nearly every day, then my step mom was able to go for the last three since she felt better.

2clowns

I hope so. We dove the Carib side of Costa Rica a couple of years ago and it was pretty nice. Then we went to Jamaica. But Jamaica wasn't quite as nice as I thought. But they were talking about the Lion fish taking over and through the reefs out of wack. There were hundreds and we were spear fishing. The locals were taking them by the dozens and eating them.

DD

"Rambo"
I hope so. We dove the Carib side of Costa Rica a couple of years ago and it was pretty nice. Then we went to Jamaica. But Jamaica wasn't quite as nice as I thought. But they were talking about the Lion fish taking over and through the reefs out of wack. There were hundreds and we were spear fishing. The locals were taking them by the dozens and eating them.
Lionfish hunting sounds like it would be a blast!

Smitty

Premium member
Sorry to hear that..that's why when I went to vacationing/Scuba diving in Jamaica and the Caribbean islands last year, I only drank sealed bottles of water. I don't really drink soda, but I did on the vacation because I trusted the sealed bottles over the local waters.

2clowns

I got sick at The Dreams Resort & Spa Cancun. I heard that it was a great place. It looks like it used to be. But there were complaints all over the place while were there. Smitty, we got sick at the resort and we only ate there and drank BOTTLED water. The running joke is that we all got SLUMDOG MILLIONARED. LOL

2clowns

We had no problems in Jamaica, Costa Rica, St. Martin, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, anywhere else that we have been. The water looked great though.

2clowns

It's a little weird hunting Lion Fish and not catching them for a tank. I will say that they tasted much better than I expected.

I got sick at The Dreams Resort & Spa Cancun. I heard that it was a great place. It looks like it used to be. But there were complaints all over the place while were there. Smitty, we got sick at the resort and we only ate there and drank BOTTLED water. The running joke is that we all got SLUMDOG MILLIONARED. LOL
Interesting. I was there last year, no complaints. This year I'm doing Maroma.

Aquaman

man that sucks ... was ti montezumas revenge??? you didn't drink the water did you ... seriously that's a real thing there are more (microbs..or parasites that if you didn't grow up drinking will make you sick ( or so I was told ) ... sorry to hear the trip was a bummer

2clowns

The only water we drank was the resorts bottled water. And YES it is a SUPPPPPPPERRR CASE OF REEEEEEVENGE.