Official Chicago Reefs PAR Meter Rental Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkullV

Program starts 1/2/2012

Program is for the 1 week rental (7 business days) of an Apogee QMSW-SS Basic Quantum Meter.

In order to be eligible for this program:

1. You must be an active member of Chicago Reefs for at least 90 days.
  2. You must have 50 meaningful posts.
  3. You must have a valid PayPal account.
  4. You must live at an address that USPS delivers to.

The program rules are:

1. Rental is free for 7 business days and $10/day after (based on postmark date).
  2. Renter to pay shipping/insurance both ways (USPS Priority Medium Flat Rate insured at $350).
  3. $300 refundable deposit must be payed through PayPal. Deposit will be refunded when the unit is back and in the same condition it went out in. I will email a photo when it goes out to the renter and keep it as proof of condition. I will then email photos of the closed box and opened box when I receive the unit back as proof of condition.
  4. Total payment of $317.00 (includes $17.00 for shipping) is due within 24 hours of you receiving my PM that it is your turn or your name will be dropped to the bottom of the list.
  5. All delinquency fees will go towards calibrating the unit once per 6 months and purchasing additional units to add to the program.
  6. Financial records for this program will be kept in an Excel spreadsheet and will be posted in this thread on the 1st of each month. Only first names will be used on the spreadsheet that is posted.

The rental program waiting list will be updated every 7 days. Names will be added to the list in the order that eligible members post in this thread. Rental requests that are PMd to me will not be added to the list. I reserve the right to deny rental for any reason.

Program Waiting List:
  1. DB9181
  2. .....
  3. .....

SkullV

No one interested in checking the PAR over their tank? Seemed like a lot more interest before!

FishBeard

I'm sure there is interest, it's the holidays and a lot of people don't have the $300+ deposit to put down to rent, it will pick up after the next few paychecks come in I bet.

SkullV

Sounds good. The unit is currently with James at New Fish for them to do a little testing. I'll be picking it up this week, testing my own tank with the new T5s, and sending it out the first person on the list.

SkullV

So if you arent a CMAS member you are SOL? What about a heftier deposit or something?
Not CMAS, Chicago Reefs (the forum you are posting on). 50 posts are easy, just start answering questions or discussing someone's setup. Nice Tank! posts obviously don't count.

SkullV

DB9181 I have asked the mods to add you as #1 to the rental list. You'll get a PM from me next week to arrange payment for the deposit/shipping.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.