Old might as well be New member opening a shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyme0670

Well most don't know but I had a unfortunate problem in the hobby being screwed out of my year and a half long job and then new partnership at ReefCity. All but lasted 2 weeks and I had to break the partnership/lease ect. I then went into being a Yamaha tech for the next few years. Well lately I had been having an itch to get back into the hobby. At this point in day Reef city is no longer in business so I figured why not open a shop, so that's just what I decided to do. Opening a shop in Frankfort Il, pretty much right across from the original Reef city. It's alititle smaller but it's a start or may just be good enough to just stay there. Trying to get as many tanks in as I can lol.I also have 300g Reef and 300g R.O available. Still in build out but I'll post some pictures and keep it updated on opening. Thanks

Kamreefer

Where you involved with the people thay ran reef city aquatics orginally or the people that had the store in New Lenox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

luckyme0670

I worked for the original owners Mark and Margaret. .. then found the new owners Karren and Jim. 2 weeks in and the rest was history.

Kamreefer

I wish you luck the owners in new lenox were not the best to deal with. The guy was trying to rip me off every time i went in there. The orginal owners were awesome people. I really enjoyed talking to them and going there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

luckyme0670

I was advised not to mention the shop or do any promoting until I became a sponsor. Ill work on doing that..So until then... Thanks

carpetreef75

Premium member
Well most don't know but I had a unfortunate problem in the hobby being screwed out of my year and a half long job and then new partnership at ReefCity. All but lasted 2 weeks and I had to break the partnership/lease ect. I then went into being a Yamaha tech for the next few years. Well lately I had been having an itch to get back into the hobby. At this point in day Reef city is no longer in business so I figured why not open a shop, so that's just what I decided to do. Opening a shop in Frankfort Il, pretty much right across from the original Reef city. It's alititle smaller but it's a start or may just be good enough to just stay there. Trying to get as many tanks in as I can lol.I also have 300g Reef and 300g R.O available. Still in build out but I'll post some pictures and keep it updated on opening. Thanks
Reef City Marks place was at 30 & 80 th ave the only thing across the street is a vacant lot and Aqua lounge , basement strip club and Ryans bar next door to the east will be there for lunch & a cold one this afternoon . Sounds like Justin :)
Bryan

luckyme0670

Lol OK you got me.. definitely a vacant lot across the street .. Im a little more kitty corner. I am by the tatoo shop an the New Image..

Captain

Good to know a new shop is opening up in the area, I remember when Mark owned Reef City, it was when I was getting into reefing then when Karen took ownership the store well....... we all know. I never like buying anything from them. I felt like it was more of a hobby for them then a store and they'd rip you off anytime they could. Half the time the corals were dead, RTNing or covered in cyanobacteria. I only went there if I had an emergency. Last I heard they were selling corals out of their basement. Not sure if that was true or not but that was the word going around...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.