Old town aquarium

EyeReef

I know the place has a reputation for being some what expensive, but i think for a good reason. Their place is very nice, clean, and presentable. Staff was super friendly and all their live stock looks healthy and happy. All their nano displays were very cool as well.

lunacris

Only been there a hand full of times and I agree mostly with ya on this one. Very clean staff very friendly and yes very expensive. Due to rent. Only thing I don't care for is when iwent there and asked questions I knew just to test them. Apposed to I don't know or finding the answer I got a bsell answer. I don't hate them for it because I feel if u have to ask u probally shouldn't have it. I still make this mistake. Its the professional perspective I look for

mr_z

i heard they have an amazing store but that if you go in there not knowing about aquariums they look down on you. heard good stuff about their livestock.

EyeReef

Unfortunately I didnt get a chance to talk to anyone since I was in a hurry. Too bad about their staff

lunacris

I completley agree have never seen a bad fish or coral. Staff is great but its a shame a newby couldn't go in and buy a fish or coral with out doing their own research. Do I blme them eh not really its how they make money almost all stores do it. Wasn't trying to bash em just making it aware

loco-phillya

Been there very nice.. until you notice the prices..They have yearly sales at night..i think 2 times a year and you get good deals on all their stuff..Nice place not very talkative staff.. They kinda only want to bag stuff up...but they always have rare things and nice variety and the latest technology availible..Oh yea on the special days they have beer and wine and let customers bring used stuff to sell..kinda neat..

EyeReef

i should have taken a snap shot of their snowflake clowns up in the front...they must be A+++++ grade because they were 600 for the pair!
They were really nice

loco-phillya

Was that delivered in the big acrylic tank from the window...lol...
Im sorry --id be questioning who was the clown if i bought them.. me or the fish!!!

Lmecher

It is a beautiful store. Everything is well maintained and healthy. Love the decor but the prices...OUCH!

Catran

Yeah, I've been meaning to go and check them out too. Do they have a newsletter or something notifying you of sales?

1boatnut

I was only there a couple of times.
No problem with staff,but I was kinda new in saltwater,so really just kinda looked around.
Nice place,but the prices are outta sight.I can buy local or on-line for a fraction. I realize they are in a high rent district,but I think anybody in the hobby with knowledge just goes and window shops. I think their captive audiance is the locals who dont drive to other places

tenvibes

+1 on the awesome quality of livestock. when i was just coming in to the hobby, the staff was pretty helpful in leading me into the right direction as far as setting up goes.

Pufferpunk

I worked there for about 2 weeks. After being in the fishy retail business for 8 years, it was my dream store to work in. Unfortunately, they got a relative who came into town & he got my job. :(