Packing Frags for Swap

Pufferpunk

So as many of you know, there is a CMAS swap in a week. I have fragged about 100 things but for some reason I'm at a loss how to transport these safely, without getting them too mixed up? I'll be taking down my 15g frag tank & setting it up at the swap.

fastrc

I transport all my stuff in a double layer Styrofoam cooler box and put heat pads between each cooler. The inner cooler is smaller than outer it keeps them warm. When i travel a long way i put a battery operated air pump in it between coolers and run a hose into the middle cooler through a hole in the lid.

fastrc

Grab some eggcrate and put them into it and zip tie them down. That keeps them from getting thrown around in cooler.If there on plugs can zip tie them under eggcrate.

Lmecher

I used salt buckets, the lids are tight fitting. I separated them different types in gallon zip locks. You could just put some loose in the buckets too. If you need some, could spare a few buckets w/lids.

fastrc

As long as you wait till that morning it would be ok to put them in ziplock bags with your tank water and put them all in a bucket or cooler to take them there. I dont transport in buckets in the winter time because plastic cools down to quick. Make sure you have your water ready when you get there with a heater to keep temps up. I keep freezer bags and small ziplock bags with me all the time. I keep about 4 of each in my jacket pocket just in case im somewhere were i might grab something from someone.

Pufferpunk

I figure I'll bring a 2-wheeler, to get all that water in. I guess I can put like corals into one bag 7 then into a large cooler. Thanks for all the great advice!