Petco for fish

Quicksilver

Hey everyone, I know I know that majority of Petco's are horrible and the fish are not healthy. My son was recently gifted a large gift card for Petco and the only thing I need are fish. I have been to a few to window shop and the one in Bloomingdale looked like the saltwater fish were taken care of. Anyone have any recommendations if I decide to purchase fish for Petco locations that are good? Thanks in advance

jrwoltman

This is verrryyy far for you, but this Petco is a GREAT store for saltwater.

Petco
990 Brookforest Ave
Shorewood, IL 60431
(815) 436-6857

Illinijoe

TeamCR
I've gotten two fish from pet I when I was starting out and both are still with me today. The Bloomingdale store is where I got my first fish and yes they do a really nice job over there of keeping the tanks clean. Some petcos do a terrible job others are great. Gotta see and judge for yourself. Personal experience has been good to date.

Quicksilver

Thanks for the confirmation, I was there this past weekend I was surprised at the condition of the tanks compared to most big box pet stores. I may give that one a try and quarantine it for a few weeks just to make sure, I think they still have a good return policy in case the fish doesn't make it.

Bommie

990 Brook Forest Ave, Shorewood, IL 60431. This petco has a really good selection of fish and coral. I've seen them carry fish u wouldn't see at other petco.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

enzo1028

Premium member
The Geneva store doesn't seem too bad the few times I've been there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk