photography

Choseneball

was looking for some pointers on how everyone captures their aquariums. I've never had any problem with freshwater tanks . and I have never really pushed forward why I can't take good photos of my saltwater tank until now. I always see people posting pics from their phones that look amazing colors pop and detail is great. when I try the color is always completely off when I take a picture from what it actually looks like. i have a galaxy s8 and it does take some amazing photos when I'm outside but something is going right over my head when it comes to my mix reef tank. any advice would be great!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

#theMatrix

You can go to settings and adjust your iso value. I usually keep it at 100 or 200. Then the white balance depending on your lighting and what your trying to capture the effect can be edited to achieve what your eye sees not what the camera is capturing. Then theres also a brightness if you lower it you can capture more colors rather than the water reflecting on the glass.

Another tip with android camera you can keep these settings right on the camera as a shortcut so you dont have to go into settings.

Try it.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I cannot for the life of me get a decent photo with my phone. Most cameras, phone or real camera, don't handle all of the blue light very well. The first step to getting good photos is to turn down your blue lighting.