please read, learned a lesson

NEUTRON

So I went on a fishing trip to Missouri, and had my girlfriend's son feed the tank, frozen food I put into separate ziploc bags. I left thinking that all would be good but I made the mistake of leaving an evo circ pump on continually, 100% gusto for 6 days. So with no air conditioning on and the pump on my tank temp ran up to 93 degrees. A water change wad done once I walked in the house. I lost my euphilia and a damsel and hawkfish is still MIA. This is my first set back and I feel defeated. I could use a little support.

poidog

Yikes, that sucks. Sounds just like my crash a year ago... went on a weekend away, came home to a 95 degree tank.... everything cooked, just 2 clowns survived.

Hang in there, this community is great to help you when you're down.

Pufferpunk

So sorry to hear of your struggle. I think now that you're there to monitor it & do WC, getting the temp down, the survivors should be fine. I'm struggling with no air conditioning the last 2 days & nothing in the next week, until Hubby gets back from his bike trip.

jcarlilesiu

Rough situation man.

In your defense, if you had been there you would have taken immediate action when you noticed something was going wrong. It wasn't out of ignorance, just the circumstances of traveling.

Its a tough break, but you will rebound and get everything rocking again.

ColaAddict

OK, what do you guys need help with? Puffer I don't have a chiller to lend you, but hopefully someone might.

nyckeeandnate6

Wow that really sucks. Makes me glad we have central air. We did have a few times earlier this summer where our tank temp went up and oddly enough a bunch of our stuff started spreading like wild fire.

NEUTRON

Everything seems to be stable again. I used a poly pad and all the coral has opened up and color is back. The water change helped. I lost a favia, euphilia, and 2 fish. I was a little scared yesterday when my power went out for 12 hours. Little advice for others, look into a computer back up battery. It lasts a few hours but it gives me a little piece of mind. Reef on, fellow reefers!!!!! Thanks.

FishBeard

Sorry for your losses (fortunately minimal from the sound of it), could have been MUCH worse. If either fish are suitable for your tank as replacement, for the cost of gas to come pick them up, I have a damsel and a cinnamon clown you are welcome to adopt to replace your lost fish. Damsel is about 4 years old, Cinnamon is 5+ years old. The damsel does once in a while tailwhip the sand if you have caves low in your rockwork, otherwise would be fairly non-destructive. The clown is super friendly unless its in a tank with a hosted anemone, then she gets a little territorial against your hands when they go in the tank. ALSO, I have a nice little frag size piece of frogspawn you are welcome to as well, it is still the same single head as when I bought it at the frag swap way back in March. Maybe it will do better in your tank.

scotty

sucks, i love hawks, I have one slotted for my 40 breeder build.

only thing is to keep on, use it as an excuse to change things up and keep on!!!

we have a great group here willing to frag stuff to keep a reefer going, pay it forward style, you betcha people come forward pretty regular.

Tony Vargas

Sorry to hear about your situation, as this had happen to me while I was out of town as well. But, these things can be avoided. I set up an Apex Controller on my current system and you can not believe how many times it has saved my a**! Just one text message and I can make any corrections through my cell phone.

Catran

Wow, sorry to hear about your tank problem. Just in case, I always have about 6 frozen water bottles of R/O water and a trusty fan that has saved me a few times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk