Pond and Garden Lighting Makeover

SkullV

I know there are some pond guys on here so I figured I would post some photos of the new lighting I put in at my grandpa's place in Baltimore. The old lighting (you can see it in the daylight pics) was no longer functioning properly so I figured I would help him out by re-doing it to take his mind off his wife being put in a nursing home yesterday. He also had no pond lighting so I added a nice LED spotlight to see the giant koi at night.

Still need to add a few more LED diffuser lights under the red oak next to the pond and flowering bush(don't know the name) across the path closest to the table.

Let me know what you think and if there is anything else I can do to make it nicer for him. All wires are now buried/hidden now as well. I'll update with the finished daylight pics tomorrow after I add the rest and clean up.

Daylight (before new lights):

After:

Fish_wiz2

Looks real good! Been ponding for a few years now, best advice for lighting, a spotlight from directly above. The one by the wall is nice but if you can extend it to be directly over or at least not shaded a bit by the shrubs will make a noticeable difference.

If you look on my wall, i have a floodlight pointed directly at my pond with nothing to eat some of the light away. Dont have a night pic on hand though, but my water is like glass at night with the floodlight on.

BigKev23

Looks good Ted!!! I have a 50 gallon pond on my balcony since I don't have a big yard to have a real pond....

SkullV

Thanks for the compliments and recommendations guys. I did take a few daylight photos before I left that I haven't gotten a chance to post yet. I'll try to get them up sometime today. Also took the "honeycomb" diffuser out of the light over the pond and trimmed back a few branches. Really lit the pond up well!