Radions or Kessil

Pawel

Premium member
Recently I purchased four foot frag tank and I'm debating whether I should go with two Radion XR15 G5 or two Kessil A360X. I would love your input if you had both light to compare them. Thanks.

Pawel

Premium member
The spectrum on them is really good. The picture on the right is Radions AB+ spectrum. More purple on ReefFi they might be good lights.

Irsug1

Premium member
My 48x24x16 DeepBlue 80 with 2 Kessils only got little more than 200 par at bottom of tank. I added the t5 hybrid for higher par.
Food for thought.

Pawel

Premium member
My 48x24x16 DeepBlue 80 with 2 Kessils only got little more than 200 par at bottom of tank. I added the t5 hybrid for higher par.
Food for thought.
I just order two Radion xr15's blue. They have better par then kessils. I'm using them on my display tank with T5 combo for complete coverage.

daid

Changing bulbs once a year is a myth. Don't believe the LED hype. Whole reason the hybrids where invented is because LEDS really could not provide what T-5/MH have for years.

daid

Pawel if you wanted them. I do have an extra 48inch 6-bulb t-5 unit loaded with 4 ATI coral blue plus. 1 ati attunic, 1 ati purple plus for 100dollars I have posted. Works like a champ. Save yourself 700 dollars. It was pushing 375 par at the bottom of the tank at 8 inches from the water 30 inches below. I only changed because I wanted 8 bulbs to add a bit more purple. It would easily push 600 par at your frag depth might have to hang higher. Just an option.

Pawel

Premium member
It's a good deal but I already order Radians. T5s might be too much par for my 12"deep frag tank. I already have light mount screwed to the stand that about 11" above the water so I won't be able to mount T5s any higher. Im waiting on Nero 5's and radions to arrive before I put any frags in tank. Im still printing 3D legs for egg crates.

Last edited:

Pawel

Premium member
From another reefer on CR. It's deep blue 45. I had someone weld the light mount for me. I plumb that tank into my existing display tank. It's all one system now.

jamo130788

It's a good deal but I already order Radians. T5s might be too much par for my 12"deep frag tank. I already have light mount screwed to the stand that about 11" above the water so I won't be able to mount T5s any higher. Im waiting on Nero 5's and radions to arrive before I put any frags in tank. Im still printing 3D legs for egg crates.
View attachment 7764
You selling those ocean revives ?