reef city aquatics wth!!!!!

Kamreefer

What happened to this store! This use to be such an awesome place. The prices sky rocketed . The corals are priced high like crazy. They put acitinic lights over the corals to make them glow and then try to charge you crazy money saying they are a higher end coral! I miss the old owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member
What happened to this store! This use to be such an awesome place. The prices sky rocketed . The corals are priced high like crazy. They put acitinic lights over the corals to make them glow and then try to charge you crazy money saying they are a higher end coral! I miss the old owners.

Ditto ....I miss Mark maybe he will be back , i stopped in a few fridays ago while waiting to get in Bulldogs for the fish fry and was just amazed . Did you check out the $1900.00 bounce :dancing-homer::aqua:

Kamreefer

lol ya mark was the man! ya lol the guy there now reminds me of a used car salesmen "oh thats like a ultra red mushrooom those are 50 a polyp " lol wth man .

carpetreef75

Premium member
lol ya mark was the man! ya lol the guy there now reminds me of a used car salesmen "oh thats like a ultra red mushrooom those are 50 a polyp " lol wth man .

He's pretty hysterical to listen to , i will say it is the 1 & only store so far i have gone in and left out without spending any $$ hell i stopped by T@p water john to pick up a frag and dropped $800.00 + stopped by reefwise for a pink lemonade and left with a bag of Corals & fish ... what an addiction Ha
Bryan

Kamreefer

lol ya id rather go to Top Water or reefwise atleast u get a good amount from them . Reef city just wants to rip you off on a single polyp

jrpark22000

Premium member
I 've got a few corals from Mark, but hadn't gone back since the new owner. I really like the shop when Mark ran it and totally understand why he had to leave, hopefully he and thw wife are ok :)

carpetreef75

Premium member
lol ya id rather go to Top Water or reefwise atleast u get a good amount from them . Reef city just wants to rip you off on a single polyp

I understand about rent and sure some of these stores have a BIG nut to crack every month but still have to be realistic, I stopped in a few weeks ago to grab a handfull of chaeto while waiting for a bag from florida and they wanted $20.00 for a golfball size in a sandwich bag ... I'm thinking bout quiting my job and staying home and growing Chaeto ...

Kamreefer

Ya i was going to get chaeto too but he told me 20 i jus shook my head and left

Kamreefer

I hope mark and his wife are ok i also understand why they had to sell it. This place cant stay open for business to long though with the way the new owners are running it.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Ya i was going to get chaeto too but he told me 20 i jus shook my head and left

I took that $20.00 chaeto monies and went next door to Bulldogs alehouse and ordered a pizza and a few glasses of bulldog honey & went home and bought a bagfull of chaeto for $5.00 free shipping and was here in 4 days ..
maybe just a bad winter and they'll get things turned around

carpetreef75

Premium member
I hope mark and his wife are ok i also understand why they had to sell it. This place cant stay open for business to long though with the way the new owners are running it.

Last time i spoke to Mark he was doing great and was still able to order me out some 5 foot UV sterilizer bulbs .

I understand about rent and sure some of these stores have a BIG nut to crack every month but still have to be realistic, I stopped in a few weeks ago to grab a handfull of chaeto while waiting for a bag from florida and they wanted $20.00 for a golfball size in a sandwich bag ... I'm thinking bout quiting my job and staying home and growing Chaeto ...
I'm in Channahon, if you ever need chaeto let me know, I toss at least a gallons worth weekly. I charge a whopping nothing, its a weed doing a job.