Reef Club Additions

Tank2379

If we are adding other Reef Clubs to the forum shouldn't they be in there own sub-forum? Like for Local Forums or Other Forums sites? Are they true sponsors of Chicago Reefs or are they just being Grandfathered in? Just wondering

jrpark22000

Premium member
They are simply a sponsor. Their members have the option to sign up on CR as all of you have the option to sign up there.

Top Water

Come on guys we all know that's Mikes California forum ,the founder of this forum . When our site was down we got directed there as a good gesture by Mike. It's two entirely separate sites . It has separate owners now and separate running expenses . You can sign up there as well as they can sign up here just like any other forum . It's a respect thing and plain common sense .

jrpark22000

Premium member
Thanks John. There is a considerable difference between a forum and a Reef Club. Clubs like NWIMAC, JARC and others are true clubs where forums like CR and Socalireefs are a gathering of people from many clubs and non affiliated users. There will be a CR forum section for Reef Clubs soon.

Tank2379

Nothing against any forum being apart of Chicago Reefs. I was just suggesting that we make a Sub-Forum showing that we support these other Forums like So Cali Reefs and NWI Reef Club that way they have a section for there memebers to connect with. If they Sponsor us also then we should get a spot on there forum also as So Cali Support us as well.. We pat you on the back, and you pat us on the back... Just sayin

Top Water

I personally don't see us really supporting other forums other than frag swaps or special events.This is what I would call a special unique circumstance based on obvious history and relationship. Another key here is they are also a sponsor here.
Nothing against any forum being apart of Chicago Reefs. I was just suggesting that we make a Sub-Forum showing that we support these other Forums like So Cali Reefs and NWI Reef Club that way they have a section for there memebers to connect with. If they Sponsor us also then we should get a spot on there forum also as So Cali Support us as well.. We pat you on the back, and you pat us on the back... Just sayin

Last edited: