Reefs have clouds right?

jcarlilesiu

My light shorted out and I decided to go with the AI Sol LEDs.

Little did I know that these things are back ordered everywhere. I was able to pick one up from Aquacave, but I need 3 more. I ordered another one from aquacave which should be here by Wednesday. Additionally, me and Tammy jumped in the car Saturday morning and drove to Indianapolis to Premium Aquatics. No joy, they had none in stock.

Finally, I was able to order two more modules from Saltysupply.com with expidited shipping for Wednesday.

My question is. The light fixture went out last Thursday. I have had a 75 watt LED module over the tank since Friday and have been moving it around to get all of the coral some light.

I don't expect to get the other 3 modules from both suppliers until Wednesday.

I know that reefs are fine without light for a few days, infact some people do it often to clear the water up and battle nuisance algae. Is 6 days with minimal light ok?

ColaAddict

I guess depending on the corals you have, you could always feed them frozen fish/reef food also to compensate for less lighting. Keep moving the lights though to keep the coral zooxanthellae happy.

scotty

one common way to kill off bad algae infestations is to have a 5-7 day no light period, and that is for reefs, I think as long as you get it sooner on that schedule than later, you'll be fine, you might get some dieoff from your rock though so i would keep parameters checked.

edit* and you wrote that my bad, i need to read whole posts :D