Removing RCSP residue... vinegar bath? Bleach?

Aegeon

I'm using Red Sea Coral Pro salt and I notice after I mix up a batch there's a pretty heavy salt residue left on the powerhead & heater I use to mix & heat the water. What's the best way to clean this off my equipment?

I think I've heard that a vinegar bath should do the trick, what do you guys think? Can anyone recommend the vinegar/water ratio I should use?

Would something like bleach work better?

gapsaph

With my diving gear if I find something I forgot to rinse off and it's crusted in salt, I just let it soak in fresh water. The solids will disperse in the liquid and it should be good to go! I've read that vinegar works, but haven't tried it yet.

Aegeon

Thanks for the replies... I've tried letting the equipment soak in fresh RO/DI, but I have to really scrub to get the residue off.

For the vinegar bath, is there a ratio of vinegar/water that works and is safe?

Tgunz127

Half and Half is what I used and worked good on my coraline crusted powerhead... You can use more vinegar if needed just be sure to rinse it properly before returning it to your tank

poidog

I really wouldn't worry about it tho. I use RC and it also leaves a hard, brown residue. My mixing powerhead, heater, and mixing tub is covered in it. Really doesn't hurt anything until the powerhead binds up with it. Then I give it a good whack until it spins again. haha