Review

Odyssey

I took a ride up to Best Fish a few weeks ago here is my review.

Pros

1) Brian and Judy have to be the nicest LFS owners I think I have ever met. Friendly, helpful the customer service is very good.

2) Fresh Water Fish - Good selection and prices on community fish, South American and African Cichlids, they even had some cool looking Plecos.

3) Saltwater Fish – Good selection and prices.

4) Corals – The prices seemed about right. I was a little disappointed with the selection but that being said if I was ready to put corals into my tank I would have come home with a few.

5) Dry Goods – Good selection and prices. I think their using every possible square inch of wall space!! They also have a few different types of LED lighting on display. It was nice to be able to see them out of the box and working.

Cons

The only Cons I have would be I wish Best Fish was closer, bigger and had better parking. (More about the parking later.)

A few Warnings!

1) When I went there they were still working on 94. I hit a few miles of stop and go traffic right after 94 and 43 merge.

2) Some of the streets have more then one name. Fond Du Lac Ave and McKinley are the same and Martin Luther King Dr and Old World 3rd street are the same.

3) Be careful where you park and for how long. The east side of the street has 3 hour parking but the west side only has 1 hour parking and its enforced. I learned that the hard way with a $25 parking ticket!! :-(

I told Brian about the ticket and he offered to give me a $25 store credit. After thinking about it for a while I told him thanks but no thanks. I’m the idiot that didn’t look at the signs before walking in so I’ll pay the ticket but he keeps insisting I take the credit. I’ll work something out with him the next time I go up there.

How many LFS owners do you know that would make that offer??

If you’re in the Milwaukee area I would definitely recommend checking out Best Fish!!

Tank2379

Brian is really a great guy... He even help me carry my Tank to my Van when I purchased it from him way back when. He really shows great customer service. Stinks that happened but also great that the store owner would do that for you... Goes to show you he cares for his customers and there time.

MMreef

I wish he was in Chicago area. Every time I am in Milwaukee I make sure to visit him. Best owner I ever met.