Sargassum Triggers, Achilles Tang, Midas Blennies, & More

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Not yet but in a few weeks. Currently it is in QT. I did a lot of research before asking Brian to order it and I am very confidant they are reef safe.
Yes, i did a lot of research and as my daddy always said, 'The Lord hates a coward!" Mines in QT too ;)

EricTheRed

It has all kinds of personality. Tonight I caught it performing stationary barrel rolls apperantly for fun.
I do not think the barrel rolls are for fun. This fish is known for doing barrell rolls for a few days after being put in a tank with copper or even prazi. Apparently they tweak on the meds :stoned:

jrpark22000

Premium member
Yes, i did a lot of research and as my daddy always said, 'The Lord hates a coward!" Mines in QT too ;)
Awesome.

I do not think the barrel rolls are for fun. This fish is known for doing barrell rolls for a few days after being put in a tank with copper or even prazi. Apparently they tweak on the meds :stoned:

There are no meds in my QT, but good info to have. Maybe its having a flash back to a previous copper experince. :jester:

EricTheRed

There is a whole thread on RC about Ted's Sargassum doing barrell rolls as soon as he put him into QT, maybe it was coincidence. Mine has not begun to have any fun yet ;)

jrpark22000

Premium member
It caught my attention as I thought the fish was attempting to flash for the first couple incomplete tries. Then poof, a roll to the right, a roll to the left, then took off for the opposite corner of the QT. It’s in a 45 cube with lots of PVC tubes to hide in. Ammonia is higher than I want with a range of .05-.2 per lamotte, (daily WC, prime, seeded sponge in HOB, and HOB skimmer to keep it under control) but all other water parameters are good.

I am raising salinity a little each day... in 8 days I'm about half way to 1.026 from shipping salinity.

Reefwise

Premium Sponsor
Just a few pictures of some cool coral that we have in stock...most of them I rediscovered yesterday gazing in the troughs!

Pink Rock Anemone! We also have plenty of reds & greens as well!

Awesome Pastel Rhodactis

Insanely Bright Hammer! Keep in mind this is under our metal halides..not LEDs

Sunset montipora and other frags that we aquaculture at Reefwise

Hybrid Watermelon Chalice Frags